The Walnut Valley Festival NewSong Showcase has grown in popularity! It is the Festival’s opportunity to salute the top 20 songs submitted (2 from each of 10 categories). Performance and instrumental skills are not required. So all you shade tree musicians and pros remember -- it is the song that matters. An anonymous panel of reviewers score each song and write a constructive comment slip for each song. Those comment slips are mailed to the songwriters after the Festival. The selected NewSongs are honored in one of two showcases at the Festival, September 14 or September 16, 2017. Songs receive medals and are performed by the songwriters, solo or with their friends (A maximum of 6 people may be in the performing group on stage) All rights to the songs remain with the songwriters. The recordings will not be returned.
This is how you submit songs for consideration
1) Send one CD for each song submitted.
Be certain the song title & your name are on each CD.
2) Send the words to the song (unless submitting an Instrumental) Use 1 page per song
3) Include $10.00 per song submitted, payable to “Walnut Valley Festival NewSongs 2017”.
If you are submitting numerous songs you may send one check for the full amount.
4) Complete an application for each song. You may make many copies of the form below.
There is no limit to the number of songs you can submit.
5) Deadline for submissions to be received (not postmarked) is August 1, 2017.
6) Mail to: Walnut Valley Association, PO Box 245, Winfield, KS 67156
7) Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please double check yourself.